Despite being a small enterprise currently housed on a single piece of land, one of our goals in the future is to be able to shelter and employ more street youth. As this is a social enterprise rather than a for-profit venture, returns on investments can be small and slow, but returns are relatively steady and the rate of return is higher than a typical savings account. If you want to make your money do some good but like the idea of getting it back afterwards, and you are willing to take a little bit of risk, come and talk to us. A modest investment in lives can go a long way. We welcome donations as well as investments at this early stage.
We also welcome an investment of your time and ideas. We are learning too, and can use any assistance or advice you may have. Please see our contact page if you wish to get in touch or volunteer.
Here are some potential ways to invest* in Nyumbani:
(click here for up-to-date currency conversions)
- One 2½ month pregnant pig (yielding around 8-10 piglets): 24,300 Kenyan Shillings
- One used pickup truck (to transport animals and heavy materials such as chicken feed): price subject to negotiation
- Electrification of the Nyumbani compound (installation from nearby transformer): 35,000 Kenyan Shillings
- One new TVs Star Motorbike (to be used as a taxi): 98,000 Kenyan Shillings
- Add comprehensive insurance for 1 year: +10,000 Kenyan Shillings
* Unfortunately, as we are a company and not a charity, we cannot issue tax receipts